Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hummingbird (2013)



Whenever I watch movie, I am very sure I need to read subtitle at the same time, why am I very sure? Because Hummingbird prove it to me, I didn't fully understand what are they saying and people who have a good ears might also cannot understand what is their full conversation. To understand what are they trying to produce the message, it is very depends on situation then only you can understand what is their next move.

Actually . . . it is not that hard, I mean that I over-emphasize that I really need subtitle to understand what are they talking about. This movie is quite simple and consider one of the "good" movie for this month (some part is slightly boring and I need to re-think, then only I found out that it is interesting), it is surprisingly to see that Jason Statham is the main cast for this movie.

Hummingbird list of casts: link
Many of you think that Joey Jones (by Jason Statham) is kind of badass in this movie, he is truly bad if we never understand all about this movie. Base on the story line, Joey Jones is from one of the military force at Afgan area. After that I am not sure how he is trap into a very beginning of London's criminal underworld, coincidence he found himself a "shelter" that the real owner will be back few months later, he also decide to work for Chinese mafia.

After that he found out that Isabelle is dead, and he decide to avenge for her.

My rating: 6/10
Majority of people thinks that this movie is bored, but imagine that you are Joey, and you are being discover that you are not the real owner of the "shelter", it is kind of awkward to watching it as well! Not only that! The Cantonese dialect in London is laughable!

Thanks for reading, by Kian Fai.

5 comments:

  1. As much as I like Jason Statham's movies, I'd say this movie is a really big disappointment. It's so boring

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to watch Jason Statham's films! Love his macho voice la! Hehe, might download it la!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, not my type of movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. have'nt heard ot yet, i think i'm tha updated to movies anymore
    anyway, prety good ratig huh, ill consinder

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking at your review, I guess it's not worth going to the cinema....

    ReplyDelete

Kindly drop comment that is related towards topic above.
Comment contain malicious link will remove immediately. Thanks!