Wednesday, April 17, 2013

忠烈杨家将, Saving General Yang (2013)



Photo credit: link
Watched this movie last Sunday with friend of mine at TGV Sunway Pyramid, I got a slight disappointing for this movie. Because of many awesome casts joined this movie, at the end there is only men who survive in the mission (mission about 7 sons gather together and rescue their dad, who trap at certain place after losing a war).

Photo credit: link
Yang Ye (杨业, click the link to also understand the true history about the truth history & incident), the Military General of Song Dynasty, Ancient China, defend invasion against Khitan people (originally from Mongolia). In this movie, Pan (潘仁美) promoted to become main general and Yang Ye become herald on the battle field, Pan sons actually died in the accident while dueling with Yang 6th son, then Pan decide to play some trap & tricks towards Yang Ye while Yang Ye striking the enemy very hard with full efforts.

Photo credit: link
The best thing about this movie is actually I forgotten that Vic Zhou participate in this movie, and I totally didn't recognize him at all. His role is "Legolas" in this movie, and his duel towards Khitan assassin was awesome.

Photo credit: link
Saving General Yang list of casts: link
You can see that there is "All Star Casts" while they touring around the world to promote this movie, one of my friend told me that Ekin Cheng was in KL for this movie promo tour!

I am not sure if Catapult should exist in this movie or not because my friend say that last time ancient China only know how to use Ballista. The effect of graphic such as wondrous background with lots of cloud is too fake and doesn't match their real life scenery. There is too much "tomatoes" sauce spreading around the cinema screen and around the faces, definitely is not a movie for children because Malaysia censorship is useless no matter how they slash off the movie scene, and yet I still can see there is some silly parent brought their 2 little kids and watch this movie.

My rating: 5/10
Not bad, watch it if there is no other choices of movie to let you choose. Not as crappy as Oblivion & The Host lol!

Thanks for reading, by Kian Fai.

8 comments:

  1. I watched this movie too, doesn't really like how it was turned out to be as we'll!!! =[

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you've watched this movie? doesn't really good right?

    "tomato sauce" spreading...hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I din't plan to watch this one since beginning, cause I don't like 'history' movie like this, hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oblivion is a good movie, you have no taste lah!

    Anyway I will watch this Saving General Yang cos I know Ekin Cheng's brother personally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i find such kind of movie really amusing the fight scenes we just beyond awesomeness

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore periodical movies and tv series so I'm sure I'm going to go for this one unless the plot line is too predictable and crappy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So this movie is better than Oblivion and The Host? Ok. So I might watch this then. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oblivion very crappy meh? I like Oblivion! : D

    ReplyDelete

Kindly drop comment that is related towards topic above.
Comment contain malicious link will remove immediately. Thanks!