Monday, February 4, 2013

My First Yee Sang in Year 2013 @ Restoran Oversea, Subang Parade



Chinese New Year is coming soon around next week, and I got my very first Yee Sang dinner with my family last 2 weeks ago at 海外天 Restaurant Oversea Subang Parade, and finally I got the chance to eat in this restaurant for one more time (ever since right after my elder sister wedding dinner in there around 3-4 years ago).

鱼生 - Yee Sang (RM 55.00), standard taste of Yee Sang with raw salmon & etc.

瓦煲软骨猪肉 - Soft-bone Pork Meat (RM 60.00), first time ordering this in restaurant Oversea and surprisingly tasty, with thick sauce and very smooth when I bite the meat.

And they serve the buns to let us dip and eat with the pork meat sauce.

海味煲 - Claypot Mixed Seafood (RM 50.00), exactly same taste and it didn't change at all. What I want to say about this dish is lack of quantity. Year by year, the quantity is shrinking it into smaller and smaller.

菜园白切鸡 - Kampung White Chicken (RM 35.00), wanted to order the baby pork meat with crispy skin, and the captain to arrange our order said that it is out of stock. Then the captain suggest this dish, no matter which part of chicken meat I eat from the plate, it taste really good and very smooth too.

清蒸笋壳鱼 Steam Soon Hock Fish (RM 187.20), my dad say that this fish is getting smaller too, and totally not worth to waiting for it (because it takes longer time to cook it), and it cost us around RM 180++ for this fish dish, that is why not worth it. But taste wise is very good, so . . . no offense? LOL!

Total bill is RM 478.75 include with chinese tea, rice, service charge and government tax.

Restaurant Oversea is not halal.

I would like to say that, the taste of the food is very good and fascinating. But the people who work in Restaurant Oversea Subang Parade is lack of responsibility and experience, for my experience with them is: order food takes more than 10 minutes to wait the captain arrival ; when order for bill, it takes another 10 minutes ++ to wait for the bill. One of the captain realize and faster apologize to us and tell us that they will give free fruits / desserts, by the time my sisters and my mum went off to shopping at Parkson and we didn't want it either.

To be frank that when I'm still a student, around more than 10 years ago, my parents always love to go Restaurant Oversea every weekend by bringing us (siblings) and eat there. What I realize is (since few years back), the rice portion they serve is getting smaller and smaller ; my dad order almost same dishes week by week, and can see the obviousness that the bill is getting more & more expensive. With RM 478.75, I can at least eat 2 rounds of Restaurant Oversea when it was more than 10 years back.

Thanks for reading, by Kian Fai.

14 comments:

  1. yee sang quite expensive o nowadays~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always missed Yee Sang weeks before CNY. Once I started having too many, I will get scared lah. Anyway, I admire the different restaurants who prepare their Yee Sang in different exotic ways. Happy Chinese New Year to you Kian Fai....! Faster grow up and get married lah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you already had yee sang two weeks ago?? that's early huh?? i still have not had any yee sang yet till now leh~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the dishes look good, especially the steam chicken.. good also lah, since the roast suckling pig would be much more expensive than the chicken, and great that you enjoyed the chicken so much!!

      Delete
    2. wow, that fish is surely expensive!! but then it's 笋壳, well, expensive fish by itself and not that the restaurant overcharged i guess.. you also think it's very very nice, so you think this prize is worth it?? :p

      Delete
    3. haiz, sure cannot company with 10 years back lah.. everything is getting more and more expensive now leh~~

      Delete
  4. So much yummy foodie!

    I had my first yee sang with my yoga friends, not with my family, cause we not 'heng' lou sang, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had your yee sang already, so gonna HUAT this coming CNY :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had mine, waiting for it to come, em, perhaps during company dinner.

      Delete
  6. well things nowadays just keep getting
    the lesser value
    but i thin as long as the quality
    is preserve it was worth the price

    ReplyDelete
  7. its been quite sometimes since i eat such nice food :O

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're making me drool right now buddy hahaha.. the Soft-bone Pork Meat looks really great for me.. yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  9. kira as okay la. Now things are getting more and more expensive. I think their rental at suabang parade also very high

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. their food is good enough That is the most important thing lor

      Delete

Kindly drop comment that is related towards topic above.
Comment contain malicious link will remove immediately. Thanks!