Saturday, February 23, 2013

CNY Feast with Buddy @ Bulgogi Brothers, Mid Valley



Happy Chinese New Year to all my fellow family and friends, it is almost end of the CNY, I would like to post about 3rd day of my CNY activitiy with friends! I've been grounded myself in house for first 2 days of CNY, and there is some of my friends came for visiting, 3rd day of CNY I only release myself then go and have fun with others! Mid Valley was crowded as usual on that day, I just feel great and happy that I have this chance to dine with friends, especially on CNY.

That day we got around 10people in our table, this very friendly waiter say that each of us can have a membership card, I not sure why and it is free, why not just sign it up and take it! (It only valid for one year & can use on some certain outlet such as Bulgogi Brothers, Friday's, republic and etc.)

Welcome food, soup and side dish such as kimchi & etc. is absolute free (from my view in the bill), you can refill if you finish kimchi, I think I asked for 3-4 small plates of kimchi & few basket of cabbage leaves, because we eat bulgogi.

Kangdoenjang (RM 22.90)
Kimchi Jjigae (RM 21.90)
I heard that it is little spicy, taste was alright. (from image above)

Kkotdeungsim Modum (RM 139.90), we ordered 4 person portion which is 600gm, mix parts of beef meat with beansprouts, sweet potatoes, small pcs of bread, mushroom & etc. Actually the waiter in the house prepare to hep us cook and serve us, I rejected his kind offer and decide to do it myself.

Yes! I was a Chef on that night, to be frank that it's not a joke to cook & serve the beef meat to your friend, both of your hand will be damn tiring as hell! If the waiter ready to serve and help you, I think you should pass it to them and see how they do it!

They charge 10% service charge only. My opinion: it is better not to opt their soft drink and fresh juice, because it is a huge trap! I rather order their in-house wine (if I can afford it) or order their in-house daily tea special (corn, plum, green tea & etc.), it is like free drinks in the house and it didn't charge in the bill (from my view in the bill). In the future, I would like to try their Bibimbap, Mandu, Rice & Noodles!

Thanks for reading, by Kian Fai.

19 comments:

  1. i walk passed this new restaurant in MV many times but didn't go in, it looks expensive.. and i always have one place that i go for korean food..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. membership card is one marketing tactic lah, you see everywhere is giving membership card for FREE!! this will actually help to tie the customers to visit them more often lah..

      Delete
    2. only three types of banchan?? that is very very few!! there should be more varieties given and of course all the banchan are always bottomless, you can ask for unlimited refills - this is a must in korean restaurants..

      Delete
    3. oh you were the one cooking all those meats?? hey, no waiter or waitress serving that for you all meh?? hmmm, or you opt to do it yourself for the fun?? haha~~

      Delete
  2. Well, most of the restaurant makes their money through pricey drinks. I heard so many good comments on this restaurant but yours might be the honest one!

    Wilson
    PlacesAndFoods.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went there before but didn't try the bulgogi... feel Like goin back again to try the bulgogi..slurp

    ReplyDelete
  4. that meal with ham reminds me of our classic new years eve dish
    well the rest seem scrumptious as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely can't resist beeeeef! Wanna try out them soon :D but a bit pricey lo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just went there today! Hahaha their beverages are expensiveee :O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeeee. But their food so expensive :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. aiyooo i should have went there to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so yummy! CNY is all about food ya! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. rice wine is a must whenever I visit Korean restaurant :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice meal. Love the look of the meat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what do you mean about the fruit juice? Is it very expensive like rm10 a glass?

      Delete
    2. LOL...wondering if can bring own mineral water :p

      Delete
  12. 10% service charge, you should have let them cook. lol. Looks nice. Was it worth it?

    ReplyDelete

Kindly drop comment that is related towards topic above.
Comment contain malicious link will remove immediately. Thanks!