Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013)



Before start reading, I am going to post some spoiler in this post. If you doesn't wish to continue reading, just skip the second paragraph and move on to my personal opinion.

In random old timeline, dark witch is scatter everywhere slaughter human and capture children for sacrifice vessel material. Non of the human could stand up against them, except the witch who counter those dark witch, they call them the white witch. Back to the childhood, Hansel & Gretel is siblings, their mother is white witch and father is a normal farmer, they live in a peaceful and happy life. One day, the townsfolk discover that there is witch live among them, for the townsfolk, they feel uneasy because non of them understand the concept about white witch and dark witch. So, Hansel & Gretel successfully flee inside the forest without knowing that their mother is witch and they face unclear journey towards their future.

Hansel & Gretel list of Casts: link
To watch this, you have to prepare yourself to watch something slightly disgusting scene. Scenes that multiple ugly witches face / head explode / being torn into pieces / being slice into pieces and etc. I would say that it is not disgusting as you imagine while reading this post, and also you might feel pity toward dark witches because they let themselves feed on Hansel & Gretel (my feelings when the movie introduction song start). Actually you can imagine it as tomatoes sauce is plashing everywhere, and their effect is really cool, example: a person body blown off and lots of worms on the floor crawling (because of dark witchcraft curse). It is kind of fake having a shotgun and crossbow with "superb upgrade" style in their timeline, which is makes them look extraordinary than normal townsfolk.

It seems that Gemma Arterton (witch hunter Gretel) & Pihla Viitala (white witch Mina) might gain lots of attention on worldwide, because the costume outfit is so awesome (or probably I got some kind of black leather fetish with me). There is a scene that Hensel and Mina making out at water pool in some random forest, both of them are NAKED IN THE POOL! This scene is censored in whole Malaysia Cinema.

My rating: 5.5/10

Thanks for reading, by Kian Fai.

13 comments:

  1. Thank GOD I did not go for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never knew this was kinda gore,
    it amazing how they put twist on fairy tales nowadays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very violent! But I quite like the action la :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like fairy tales with a twist.

    Too bad this movie is rated 18, I'm gonna skip this one; or wait for DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol they could think of anything..
    so later humty dumpty?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahh agree that it's violent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm.. not really interested on the actor and actress so don't plan to give it a go...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the same approach given to the other fairytales like Little Red Riding hood, Jack and Beanstalk, and snow white now I wonder how are they going to give a twist to sleeping beauty.. I heard about the Maleficent movie coming this year played by Angelina Jolie... so let see..
    Anyway, I am a big fan of Renner so I might still watch it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. gonna give it a miss coz cant bring the kid to watch this

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aiyeerrrr! only 5.5 rating! I better not watch la.

    I watch movies at least once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some says it's good wor! I haven't watch yet but the leading actress is so hot! The girl from Prince of Persia wehhh xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of the stupidest movies to come in the past months. SkyTrex review

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't watch this. But the trailer quite attract me lol. Hahahah.

    ReplyDelete

Kindly drop comment that is related towards topic above.
Comment contain malicious link will remove immediately. Thanks!