Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)



Haven't got enough of  the series of Lord of the Rings? Yes indeed my friend! I love how Legolas shoot the arrow into enemies knee and how Frodo risk himself to the Mordor then banish the ring once and for all! This time there is this movie called "The Hobbit" with 3 movie series up on the cinema, and I just finish watching "An Unexpected Journey" since last few days ago and it is Nice! Do not ask me when is the 2nd and 3rd movie of The Hobbit is out, the answer lies in this links/links.

After a night of consideration about he (Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins) should join the journey with the Dwarves or not? Because he knows that this journey will be very dangerous, he might not be back to his own home again or . . . he may change (even thou he can make it back safely).

Ian McKellen as Gandalf, and Cate Blandchett as Galadriel. Gandalf believe his choice that he choose and brought Bilbo along to the journey of reclaim the Dwarves kingdom under the lonely mountain name: Erebor.

Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield, the leader of the company of Dwarves who try to reclaim the Dwarves kingdom. His title: "Oakenshield" got a story behind of it, and it will show during beginning of the movie. It is meaningful yet saddening.

Sylvester McCoy as Radagast the Brown, one of the Wizards that send by Valar to aid Elves and Men of middle-earth in their struggle against the Dark Lord Sauron. I've only seen Radagast appear in this movie for the very first time, you will also see that Saruman join the meeting between Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel.

Andy Serkis as Gollum (all the while). Last time when I was in secondary school, my friend always like to mimic his voice and speak "My Precious!!". Actually I think it is very fun to see this character again in this movie and I hope to see him in 2nd and 3rd movie as well! (I shall read the book see whether he appear or not while the Dwarves company looking for entrance into Erebor.)

Overall I think this movie might be the second best movie of the year 2012, of course my first place already reserve for The Avengers (2012)! What I like about this movie, draggy and it won't bored me because I really liked the concept of The Lord of the Rings and it is mind blowing enough if you watch the battle between Dwarves and Orc. It also makes me feel like become one of the Dwarves, then join them and fight for them.

Rating would be 8/10 from me, I would like to suggest rest well before entering cinema to watch this movie. I nearly close my eyes from some conversation part, and yes! Too much conversation and slightly draggy! (As my Jack Reacher (2012) post, I mention that I started enjoying draggy & long movie) Lord of the Rings fan! Please do not miss this while it is still on the big screen!

Thanks for reading, by Kian Fai.

7 comments:

  1. I love this movie! Yes, it's the best movie of the year. Personally I like this much more than Avenger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard alot of good reviews about this movie!
    But this and LOTR also not my cuppa coffee :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent got the time to watch yet, everyone has been saying that it's real good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am sure it is a nice movie.
    should watch it after the Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. too bad that i never been a fan of lord of the rings
    so im afraid i wont understand this if i'll watch it

    ReplyDelete
  6. My bf and i are gonna watch this show next week! cant wait to see for ourselves

    ReplyDelete

Kindly drop comment that is related towards topic above.
Comment contain malicious link will remove immediately. Thanks!