Thursday, September 13, 2012

Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)



Resident Evil: Retribution is out since last weekend, and Li Bingbing went to premier launch at TGV Sunway Pyramid. Many of my friend get the chance to see her in real life, but it is such a waste because her appearance in this movie is less than you expecting. I am very sure that Resident Evil gameplay is much more better than this movie, because Resident Evil: Retribution movie duration is only 90 minutes only.

Li Bingbing as Ada Wong and Milla Jovovich as Alice. Alice got assaulted by Jill on the ship and explosion blow Alice away into the sea. But still . . . Jill manage to capture Alice and imprison her. Albert Wesker send Ada Wong to rescue Alice, practically the whole movie is about rescue Alice mission.

Sienna Guillory as Jill Valentine, she got controlled by the Red Queen's and command her to capture or eliminate Alice. At the end she turn back to normal because Alice destroy the device which controlling Jill.

Michelle Rodriguez as Rain, I think everyone who work under UMBRELLA will get cloned and brainwashed. She inject some parasite into her body and become immune against bullet, but at the end she got trapped under ice land and get eaten by zombie.

Shawn Roberts as Albert Wesker, all I want to say about him is . . . he looks dam matrix and he got power of FLASH! (I know he inject some weird parasite into his body, that's why he can move darn fast!)

What did they do inside this 90 minutes? I said it is a mission, more to vacation mission because they cross different country in different platform with different monster await them.

Overall my rating would be 4/10, I am not so sure you need to watch 3D or not, I think you should choose a nice and clear cinema to watch it. The best thing to watch this movie is to see the "monster gang" in this movie; The bad thing is . . . movie is too short, at the end you feel like playing games. I don't play Resident Evil game, but when I see some gameplay on youtube, the design of monster is truly 100% looks like it. Maybe I played too much StarCraft II, somehow I felt that the "flying object" and the ending part got the shadow of StarCraft II. Lastly, if you compare this Resident Evil with other Resident Evil movie series, the storyline is the worst of all. But to see purely action and excellence effect, this should be the best of other 3 series.

Thanks for reading, by Kian Fai.

21 comments:

  1. huhuhu. agree on the ending part. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah weih super unclear weih just now that screening. Resident Evil: Retribution review

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT? This is the worst of the franchise? :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. huh?? only 90 minutes?? this is way too short lah.. i would have expect it to be at least 120 minutes woh..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and the rating is only 4 out of 10 ah?? aiyah, meaning so-so only lah.. i have planned to watch it actually, now second thought..

      Delete
    2. an all-lady cast, somemore the chinese actor Li Bing Bing.. so is she a big "kelefeh" in the movie?? haha~~

      Delete
    3. wah, this is the worst of all ah?? maybe lah, because they are maybe running into the bottleneck already..

      Delete
  5. thats a pretty good movie we watched it yesterday im a fan of the series by the way

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle Rodriguez died? why laaaaaaaaaaa.... Some more get eaten by zombie wtf

    ReplyDelete
  7. am not sure that i wanna watch this movie

    ReplyDelete
  8. But sure got a lot of lenglui in this movie....hmm..no lengchai geh :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. not my kinda movie. can never understand the plot anyway.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. huh? 4/10? we're going to watch this movie this weekend -_-

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just commented on Daniel's blog on the same review, haih, seems like its a great disappointment, so now I also dont know should I watch it this weekend or not.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like this is quite a departure from the previous 3:D I will still catch itlah since the hubster already got tickets for it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've played all their series of games & I love it! Not sure if I'll watch this movie tho'.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Kianfai....looking forward to watch this movie!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Only 4/10? I think I am giving it 6/10. Maybe even a 7/10. Simply because Milla Jovovich is way too cool! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Kindly drop comment that is related towards topic above.
Comment contain malicious link will remove immediately. Thanks!